Lessons are available at http://canbikecanada.ca/ and a couple (one is an instructor of cycling) has a story to be told at http://gonecycling.com/book/gonecyclingbook.pdf. Loved the details and hope some day will be my turn to do cycling tours, maybe in Amsterdam and France??
Here’s an outline:
Adult Learn to Ride 1
CAN-BIKE Adult Learn to Ride 1 is a course for adults who cannot ride a bike. You will learn to balance, start, stop and turn. 1 – 2 persons per course. 3 hours.
Course objective: Adults who have never ridden a bicycle learn how to ride a bicycle.
1. Introductions and registration.
2. Helmet and bike fundamentals:
- Helmet information and fit.
- How a bike works: power transmission, steering, brakes and gears.
- Bike fit.
- Bike check – ABC Quick Check.
3. Learn to ride (including rest break):
- Coast and balance.
- Pedal and steer.
- Go and stop.
4. Concurrent topics (during Learn to Ride session):
- Bike safety equipment.
- Clothing and carrying things.
- Bike types and uses.
- Bike parts.
- Bike security.
5. Next steps:
- Practice tips.
- CAN-BIKE Adult Learn to Ride 2 and the CAN-BIKE program.
- Course evaluation.